Veronica Rose Connolly-Bagshaw
Integrative Health and Wellness
"The journey toward health and sanity is nothing less than an invitation to wake up to the fullness of our lives, as if they actually mattered, while we actually have them to Live..."
JON KABAT-ZINN, PhD
Do you have frequent headaches, muscle tension, fatigue, chronic pain, negative mood states, or grind your teeth due to stress? Do you have a medical or health condition that is aggravated by stress? Has your doctor, dentist, or health practitioner advised you to "manage your stress" but you are not sure how? Do you want to experience not just the absence of pain and illness, but actually feel good ~ "alive and well" ~ on all levels?
Integrative Health and Wellness Counseling & Education offers a range of stress management and self-care techniques to help achieve a healthier response to unavoidable life stress, to consistently choose a more health-enhancing lifestyle, and to live your life well. I draw upon ongoing evidence-based research within Mind-Body Medicine, stress management & general health fields, and the work of Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn (world renowned scientist, researcher and co-founder of the Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care and Society www.umassmed.edu/cfm ), along with the work of Dr. John W. Travis, another pioneer in the wellness field for over 35 years.
What is Wellness? Looking at the Whole Person
- Wellness is a choice—a decision you make to move toward optimal health.
- Wellness is a way of life—a lifestyle you design to achieve your highest potential for well-being.
- Wellness is a process—a developing awareness that there is no endpoint, but that health and happiness are possible in each moment, here and now.
- Wellness is a balanced channeling of energy—energy received from the environment, transformed within you, and returned to affect the world around you.
- Wellness is the integration of body, mind, and spirit—the appreciation that everything you do, and think, and feel, and believe has an impact on your state of health and the health of the world.
- Wellness is the loving acceptance of yourself.
John W. Travis, MD, MPH
Dr. Travis has developed the most comprehensive wellness assessment & practice model to date, the Wellness Index, Wheel & Energy System ~ a model for lifestyle change that focuses on self-responsiblity and engages the whole person—body, mind, emotions, and spirit. His Wellness counseling approach considers and cultivates all of these dimensions of health:
- Self-Responsibilty & Love
- Breathing & Relaxing
- Playing & Working
- Finding Meaning
- Transcending ~ the dimension of faith and spirituality, of experiencing our connection to something greater than ourselves.
With practical, meaningful tools designed to fit you, your schedule, and your lifestyle, this wellness approach teaches you to not just "fix problems" and avoid illness, but to be well. Energy is available for things greater than survival; this ease and vitality is reflected in all dimensions of your life. My Integrative Health services also include Adventure-Based experiential educational & therapeutic workshops, ongoing wellness classes covering various health and self-care enhancement topics.
I also refer to and work with several highly skilled, licensed medical & complementary health and education professionals to support your health & personal growth goals.